Inspiring young people to achieve their career dreams in tech.
Tech South West is proud to run the Tech South West STEMM programme, in partnership with Software Solved, to support young people across the region.
It’s part of our response to the pandemic and its impact on the education and career opportunities for young people.
We urge you to make a difference and get involved. And if you’re already making a difference, tell us, so we can spread the word. We need role models, case studies and best practice to share with members and the wider tech and education communities.
Tech South West STEMM includes
- Online directory for business and education to share opportunities, events and activities to help schools and colleges team up with businesses on projects: techsouthwest.co.uk/stemm-events
- Talent Survey – new insight through data gathering and surveys of the region’s tech sector to help shape the STEMM strategy
- Future Hopes Today – urgent campaign to achieve 50 STEMM Ambassadors from across the tech business community. Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signposting tech businesses to your local Careers Hub and Enterprise Advisers to help you engage with future talent and make a real difference
- New resources and guidance for tech businesses committed to ‘putting the T back in STEMM’
Work is being progressed in all these areas by a new TSW STEMM group involving educators, STEMM experts, Enterprise Advisers, learning organisations, schools, colleges and learning and training businesses.
New talent brings new ideas, new energy and new opportunity. We urge all our tech leaders to
- Make a difference for your business
- Make a difference for the tech sector
- Make a difference for our young people
Lindsay Lucas, Managing Director, Software Solved: “It’s really important to encourage young people into STEMM careers, especially in the South West as there is so much opportunity here. The challenge is that we have many great organisations that young people or even parents and teachers don’t know about, and that’s why this new initiative with Tech South West is so important.
If you are a business, education organisation or have an initiative you want to share, from graduate schemes, to business fairs, online workshops or work placements, or if you have a resource eg. speaker that you can offer schools or colleges please enter your event and reach the future of our tech generation below:
Get in touch
Work is underway to capture information from businesses, organisations and education to find out how we can help each other help young people. A directory is being developed, packed with information on everything from work placements and summer camps to requests for workshop leads and your events.
Make a difference - get involved - complete the form!