Line up revealed for Start Up Studio Cohort 1
The first cohort for the new Tech South West StartUp Studio has been announced.
The programme will feature ten tech firms specialising in robotics, healthtech, advanced engineering and software development. The cohort was chosen from a shortlist of companies from across the South West including Bath, Bristol, Cornwall, Devon and Somerset.
The ten successful startups are:
- Storzy (MyAirStorage)
- Designable 3D
- The PeerSpace
- Regulation Technologies
We are also delighted to unveil our partner companies who are supporting the programme for Cohort 1: Granted Consultancy, RSM, Azure Accountants and Astley Media.
To find out more, please visit: www.techsouthwest.co.uk/lineup-revealed-for-new-tech-south-west-startup-studio
Cohort 1 supported by:
The Region’s Growth and Pitch Programme
Tech South West StartUp Studio is for up-and-coming tech companies that are looking to accelerate their growth through a high-octane programme that develops their proposition and gets them investor ready.
Tech South West celebrates and showcases the very best tech in the west, shining the spotlight on exceptional tech brands at every stage of the growth journey.
Through high profile events including the prestigious Tech South West Awards, and our extensive network of Partners and Supporters, we champion some of the great tech companies and innovations across the region – Ultraleap, Rovco, Neighbourly, People Matter Technology, Amdaris, Codices Interactive, Neuronostics, Paddle Logger, DeGould, Applegate and many more.
Apply to secure a place in the next programme scheduled for February 2021, including an intensive six-week programme fuelled by start-up support specialists Activate.
Who’s it for?
The programme is for TECH companies:
- Based in the South West;
- At pre-seed/seed stage that have not yet raised a commercial round of funding (although may have had friends & family funds or grants);
- That have been trading for under 2 years;
- Looking to make a positive difference in society, the economy, and the environment;
- That have a focussed, motivated and committed team; and
- That has a large potential market that’s either new, or ripe for disruption
What do you get?
- A fully-funded place on Activate’s 6-week virtual, intensive accelerator programme
- Including three full-day workshops
- Extensive pre and post workshop “homework”
- Fireside chats from past cohort members and successful entrepreneurs from across the globe
- 2x 2-hour weekly Q&A sessions
- Friday night drinkies!
- All completely virtual and delivered via Zoom
- 1:1 Mentoring support during the programme
- Dedicated Slack channel for all communication between Activate and cohort members
- BuddyUp programme for support from other cohort members
- Pitch practice and investor ready
- Extensive entry on ActivateU – Activate’s investment portal
- An opportunity to pitch to angels, networks and Seed VC funds at a Tech South West Pitch Event at the end of each programme
- On-going expert support – investment, grant funding, business strategy, brand, marketing, legal and financial expertise from our Partners
- Opportunity to win the StartUp Studio Cohort Member of the Year Award at the TSW Awards in November
- PR as a StartUpStudio breakout brand
- Business expertise and contacts
Stage 1 – Apply initially using the form below
- Eligible firms will then be invited to formally apply and create a space on ActivateU – Activate’s investment portal
Stage 2 – Activate Programme
- Intensive 6-week programme
- From Principles to MVP through Market Testing
- Building a pitch deck as you go
Stage 3 – Public Pitch at the TSW StartUp Studio Pitch Event, to our investor network (global, national, regional)
Stage 4 – On-going support from our Partners
Stage 5 – Funding – investment and grant options – for accelerated growth
Stage 6 – Entered for Best TSW StartUp Studio Cohort Member Award at the Tech South West Awards in November
The programme is brought to you by Tech South West, Skowt Consulting and Activate
Tech South West is a membership-based organisation which celebrates the South West’s fastest-growing sector and showcases the region as an emerging, world-leading hub for technology and innovation. Tech South West covers the whole region, from Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to Gloucestershire and Wiltshire, Bath and Bristol, Bournemouth and Poole, Devon, Dorset, and Somerset.
Skowt Consulting is a leading provider of strategic advice, mentoring and consulting services to StartUp and ScaleUp businesses across the South West eco-system. Working across a wide-range of sectors, Skowt has worked with businesses ranging from Spiced Rum to AI/Robotics, through Fintech, natural swimming pools, MedTech, and logistics.
Activate supports startups who want to have a positive impact on the challenges that really matter to our world. Over the year we seek out entrepreneurs with outstanding digital business ideas— then use our business, design and technology expertise to help them raise investment and guide them to lasting success.