We are looking for a mid-level WordPress developer that would join us to support some of our existing clients. Someone who can quickly grasp different types of projects, who can communicate well with teammates, face to face and remotely, is productive, reliable and pragmatic.
You would be working on some relatively large WordPress projects, that are constantly scaling, in needs or new functionality as well as some new website prototypes for new clients.
This role is a full-time role, based either in Bristol or remotely within a 2-hour timezone of the UK.
- Write clean, maintainable and tested code
- Work with a full-stack development team to build and maintain a WordPress based website.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
- We have a strong front end team that can support you, and the role would, here require more PHP/WordPress backend knowledge.
- The role would suit particularly someone with the required WordPress experience but with an eventual desire to be trained and learned in Ruby on Rails.
Required skills and experience:
- at least 2 years of experience in programming.
- good understanding of WordPress internals, ACF, WP CLI.
- good understanding of developing custom WordPress plugins, MySQL and performance optimisation.
- Some level of DevOps desirable.
- cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Git, Github and Git flow
Salary and benefits:
- £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
- flexible working – core working hours are 9am to 5.30pm
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays. Extra days earned after the first 2 years.
- 5% employer pension contributions
- life insurance
- half a day a week dedicated to learning and development
How to apply and what to expect
To apply, please send your CV and any relevant information to Nicolas, our CTO (email: email@example.com).
In your first email, please explain your current experience and why you would be a great addition to our team.
Following your email, we will contact you for a first interview, usually in the presence of Nic (CTO) and Nathalie (MD). Here we will talk about you, your background, your aspirations.
If you are successful, then we will then set a day where we will aim for you to pair with one of our developers. This will give us the opportunity to test your technical skills and you the ability to ask questions directly to the team.
After those two rounds, we should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you would be a good fit for our team, and we should be ready to give a final answer.