Programme Manager – Enterprise Data Programme
1 year fixed term contract, Full time (36.5 hours per week)
Hybrid working – This is a hybrid role that offers flexible working between home and our Streatham Campus.
The Digital team are recruiting a Programme Manager to lead on delivery of the Enterprise Data Programme, an enabler of Strategy 2030: “to use the power of our education and research, through our people, place and partnerships to lead progress towards a sustainable, healthy and socially just future.” The programme will implement a new Enterprise Data Service providing a centralised data capability including:
- Clear data governance, ownership and stewardship
- Expert support to data consumers through increased data analysis and literacy skills
- Rapid access to disparate data
- New data insights tools and techniques
Successful implementation of the service will support the shift in organisation culture to be data-led informing the continuous improvement of products and services.
The Programme Manager will be professionally-homed and lined-managed in the Strategic Delivery Unit (SDU), and matrix-managed in the Digital team. The SDU provides the strategic programme and project management resources to support delivery of strategic change initiatives linking the successful candidate with an internal network of professionals.
It’s a super exciting time to be joining our Digital Team as the university will be hosting the Digital Universities Conference in April 2024. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to meet with some of the top higher education leaders and industry experts during this amazing networking and learning event!
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop the Enterprise Data Programme business case, co-create the case for change with the sponsor and key stakeholders and secure investment in the delivery programme.
- Plan and manage the Enterprise Data Programme providing regular updates to the programme board and other governance committees. Our team works in an Agile way so this is key to succeeding in this role.
- Engaging in strategic and operational relationship management with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the delivery of multiple projects concurrently within the programme e.g., data literacy, data management and governance, data access, target operation model, etc.
- Coordinate the development and roll out of a University-wide data strategy.
- Working across academic faculties and professional service divisions overseeing delivery planning, implementation, communication and change management.
Just some of the benefits that come with this role include:
- Substantial annual leave package of 41 days!
- Incredible USS pension scheme
- Flexible Working options
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave(up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Benefit from fantastic discounts at local and national shops through numerous discount schemes including TOTUM cards
- Sustainability Commute: Join our sustainable travel initiative by enjoying a 10% discount on bus passes, cycle to work scheme and car sharing incentives. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- We’ll take your personal and professional development very seriously and we’ll empower you to keep developing your expert skills and give you access to the latest technologies and platforms
- Discounted state-of-the-art fitness centres on all our campuses
- Recognition and Rewards: We have multiple schemes to help us celebrate your contributions.
Stunning campus locations in Exeter and Cornwall
We’re really looking for…
- Recent significant experience of programme management and delivery of data programmes within a complex organisation using proven delivery frameworks or methodologies.
- Experience developing and landing strategic business cases through collaboration with key stakeholders.
- A comprehensive understanding of data management frameworks and analytics methodologies.
- A proactive and positive approach to problem-solving. Our team is focussed on Digital transformation that can potentially effect the whole higher education sector so big thinking is essential!
- Excellent information technology skills, with knowledge of the interface between transactional systems, data repositories and reporting tools
Apply via our university portal with your CV and short a cover note telling us how great you are and how your skills line up to what we’re looking for!