Full time (36.5 hours per week)
Hybrid working – This is a hybrid role that offers flexible working between home and our Streatham Campus.
The Digital department are currently recruiting for a Permanent Business Intelligence Officer this role will play a key role in further developing, maintaining and expanding a University-wide business intelligence system to support strategic decision-making.
The aim of the Business Intelligence service is to specify, develop and deploy the University’s approach to strategic management information (MI) and business intelligence (BI). The service is critical to helping the University achieve strategic goals via enabling evidence-based decision-making.
It’s a super exciting time to be joining our Digital Team as we will be hosting the Digital Universities Conference in 2024 meaning as part of our team you will have the opportunity to meet with some of the top higher education leaders and industry experts during this amazing networking and learning event!
What you’ll be doing…
- Collaborate on BI development with colleagues, enhancing existing products and creating new reports.
- Define and initiate new BI initiatives with input from stakeholders.
- Work with technical teams to translate reporting requirements into data specifications.
- Produce high-quality business/management information for decision-making.
- Address data quality issues and adapt BI to process changes.
- Deliver BI system training to colleagues.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and transfer knowledge to the university.
- Assist in maintaining reporting schedules and identifying new data sources.
- Develop and maintain a BI/MI portal.
- Contribute to defining team objectives and service improvements.
Just some of the benefits that come with this role include:
- Incredible USS pension scheme featuring an impressive 21.4% employer contributions.
- Substantial annual leave package of 41 days! (33 days + bank holidays)
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave(up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Flexible Work options
- Benefit from fantastic discounts at local and national shops through numerous discount schemes including TOTUM cards
- We’ll take your personal and professional development very seriously and we’ll empower you to keep developing your expert skills and give you access to the latest technologies and platforms
- Discounted state-of-the-art fitness centres on all our campuses
- Sustainability Commute: Join our sustainable travel initiative by enjoying a 10% discount on bus passes, cycle to work scheme and taking advantage of car sharing incentives. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Recognition and Rewards: We have multiple schemes helps us celebrate your contributions.
- Stunning campus locations in Exeter and Cornwall
We’re really looking for…
- Excellent information technology skills, with knowledge of the interface between transactional systems, data repositories and reporting tools
- First class communication, training and presentation skills
- Experience of liaising with internal/external customers to identify BI/MI needs and translate them into technical specifications.
- Experience of conducting detailed data analysis, creating reports and of successfully developing partnerships with customers through the delivery or their management information/business intelligence needs.
- Excellent problem solving skills – Good ability to address data quality issues, adapt to changes, and proactively identify opportunities for improvement in the BI processes.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role on our website
Apply via our university portal with your CV and short a cover note telling us how great you are and how your skills line up to what we’re looking for!