Website Ada Mode
Ada Mode is an industrial technology and data science company whose aim is to improve the performance of complex industrial processes through artificial intelligence, engineering expertise and design thinking. Ada Mode helps clients by identifying opportunities in their data, designing a strategy and developing the solution. All of our solutions are bespoke to the client, built on technology developed in-house. Ada Mode currently works across the energy and utilities sectors.
We are a start-up with a strong order book and are looking for someone who shares our vision and has enthusiasm for growing and developing an exciting business. This role will be based in either our Southampton or Bristol office with occasional trips between offices and to and client sites. A successful applicant will join our growing development team working alongside data scientists, front end designers, and engineers to deliver innovative data science solutions across industry.
- Work alongside domain experts to frame and solve key industrial problems
- Contribute to the development of bespoke web-based client software, tools and other product development activity
- Support business development activity from a technical perspective
- Productionise and deploy web applications at scale in an optimised framework
- Suggest and design development & deployment best practices including the configuration of cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Understand client data systems and develop technical product specifications
Experience and Qualifications
BSc and ideally an MSc/MEng in computer science. In lieu of a degree, demonstrable experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of web applications from the backend
- Strong programming skills in Python with knowledge of most common platforms such as Flask/Django or Airflow/Dagster
- Significant AWS experience for web app development covering some of compute (ECS, EC2, LAMBDA), storage (RDS, S3, ECR), app development (SNS, SQS, Cognito), CI/CD (CodePipeline) & best practices (CloudFormation, IAM, Secrets, Security e.c.t)
- CI/CD techniques such as github actions and development of staging environments
- Cloud architecture design and budgeting
- Software development best practices including agile development, version control, sprint planning, API and architecture design
- Some experience or awareness of data driven software development considerations such as database management, scheduling or ETL/ELT pipeline development
- Creative problem-solving skills
Our Tech Stack
- Data Science: Python/R: Tensorflow/Keras/Scikit-learn
- Backend: Python – Flask, R – Plumber
- Cloud: AWS ECS
- Data Engineering: MySQL + AWS S3, Dagster/Airflow, Cron
- Front End: TBD
- Extras: Docker, Git, Github actions, various AWS functions
Extra skills/experience we would like to hear about:
- Any experience in the development of machine learning software
- Any experience in developing data science solutions
- Data warehouse design and management (RDS, MySQL, noSQL)
- Applications of your work in a data product setting
- Working in a start-up
- Annual salary of £30-40k, depending on experience.
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Influential role within a vibrant start-up
For more details please visit www.ada-mode.com
To apply for this role or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.