Currently going from strength to strength, with new clients and growing existing ones, we are looking to hire new backend developers.
We are looking for a mid-level Ruby on Rails backend or full-stack developer. Someone who can quickly grasp different types of projects, who can communicate well with team mates, face to face and remotely, is productive, reliable and pragmatic.
These roles are full-time roles, based either in Bristol or remotely within a 2-hour timezone of the UK.
- Write clean, tested, maintainable and efficient Ruby code
- Work with a full-stack development team to build a combined web/mobile app based on Ruby
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design
- CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- RSpec testing & continuous integration tools
- Cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Git, Github and Git flow
Salary and benefits:
- flexible working – core working hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- pension scheme
- life insurance
- learning and personal development opportunities
- 7% company’s profit redistribution scheme after your first year.
How to apply and what to expect
**** ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS PLEASE ****
To apply, please send your CV and any relevant information to Nicolas, our CTO (email: email@example.com).
In your first email, please explain your current experience and why you would be a great addition to our team.
Following your email, we will contact you for a first interview, usually in the presence of Nic (CTO) and Nathalie (MD). Here we will talk about you, your background, your aspirations.
If you are successful, then we will then set a day where we will aim for you to pair with one of our developers. This will give us the opportunity to test your technical skills and you the ability to ask questions directly to the team.
After those two rounds, we should have a pretty good idea of whether or not you would be a good fit for our team, and we should be ready to give a final answer.