Website Surfline Wavetrak
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better — supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Plymouth, to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
Surfline Wavetrak runs a proprietary suite of global ocean models driving our consumer websites and providing insights and information for surfers, boaters and more. You’ll join our small team in innovating, particularly in data assimilation and nearshore modelling. We run an active data science department combining this data with computer vision data from cameras and other sensors and you’ll be part of a team working to build exciting new product experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain our operational wave modelling system
- Validate and test new improvements
- Work with the team to develop new insights and products from our modelling system
- Ship product improvements to millions of passionate surfers in a product that drives key decisions in their daily lives
What We’re Looking For:
- At least graduate level education in ocean science, physics or related discipline
- Experience configuring and running physical ocean models
- Experience dealing with standard data formats, data processing, cleaning and validation
- Strong programming skills and an understanding of software design principles and practices, ideally in a modern python environment
- Inquisitive, self-motivated individual able to bring ideas to the table, build prototypes and test and validate
You May Also Have:
- A passion for the ocean or particularly for surfing and other water sports
- An enthusiasm for a commercial environment where timely and consistent innovation is encouraged
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.