Website Surfline Wavetrak
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better — supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Plymouth, to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
Surfline Wavetrak is looking for an iOS Engineer to help evolve our mobile applications. As an iOS Engineer, you are expected to be a problem-solving, product-building, forward-thinking engineer. You’re driven by a desire to deliver user experiences that other companies aspire to. You will work with Product, UX, and Engineering teams to build progressive, bullet-proof, game-changing features to the Surfline apps.
What You’ll Do:
- Build new features and squash bugs on the Surfline iOS app using Swift
- Dedicate yourself to constantly learning and advancing your mobile development skills
- Solve tough problems with clear and simple solutions using your innate engineering creativity
- Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment
- Ship code often in a fast-paced agile environment with continuous deployment
- Contribute to the product development, mission, and success – way beyond checking off development tasks
What We’re Looking For:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience building complex applications for iOS devices using Swift and numerous cocoa frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented software development
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version control system like git
- A willingness to build products on the iOS and Android platforms
- A strong ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- A passion for mobile that borders on fanaticism
- Top-notch communication skills
You May Also Have:
- An app in the App Store
- An understanding of native app CI/CD
- A passion for the ocean and/or beach-related activities
- A good joke or interesting story to tell
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.