Website Ada mode
About Ada Mode
Ada Mode is an industrial technology and data science company whose aim is to improve the performance of complex industrial processes through artificial intelligence, engineering expertise and design thinking. Ada Mode helps clients by identifying opportunities in their data, designing a strategy, and developing the solution. Ada Mode currently works across the energy, utilities, and manufacturing sectors.
We are a start-up with a strong order book and are looking for someone who shares our vision and has enthusiasm for growing and developing an exciting business. This role will be partially remote post-pandemic, with at least one day per week to be spent in either our Bristol or Southampton office. Occasional travel to client sites may also be required.
A successful applicant will initially be working within our development team alongside Ada Mode data scientists and engineers on an exciting new project commencing in Q4 2021. The applicant will play a key part in the development of a condition monitoring and machine learning platform for the offshore wind industry.
- Work alongside the Data Science and Software Development team to build web-based SaaS products
- Design and deliver functional user experiences drawing on UX best practices
- Integrate data into bespoke user interfaces using creative and informative visualisation techniques, with a focus on visualisation of timeseries data
- Create customised UI elements tailored to user requirements
- Refine Ada Mode’s software development processes, applying software development and agile best practices
- Influence and design Ada Mode’s front-end tech stack and interaction with backend services and cloud platforms
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of Ada Mode products from a front-end perspective
- Creation of quality mock-ups and prototypes to facilitate regular bids and marketing activities
- Lead front-end development and design work at Ada Mode
- Implement Ada Mode branding and graphics across product portfolio
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of data driven product development within any industry compatible across multiple devices
- Data visualisation skills to build creative, informative, performant and interactive visualisations
Familiarity with version control, Git, and collaborative software development best practices
- Experience integrating API and database functionality within front-end services in a secure and efficient method
We are open to multiple front-end stacks so please don’t hesitate to apply if your skillset isn’t an exact match to the above.
Extra skills/experience we would like to hear about:
- Any experience of python-based applications using Flask/Django/Dash or similarly with PHP or any other front end tech stack such as R shiny (as currently used by Ada Mode data scientists)
- Any AWS experience particularly relating to deployment or testing/staging
- Experience with graphic design software
- Database management and SQL experience
- Applications of your work in an industrial setting
- Any experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience with user management and authorisation/authentication best practices
- BSc, MSc/MEng or PhD in relevant field such as computer science, engineering, or data science.
- Salary of £40k – £50k, depending on experience
- 25 days leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Influential role within a vibrant start-up
There will be a two-stage interview process for this role allowing the majority of the current Ada Mode team to meet each applicant. We would like to see a portfolio of recent work, discuss some technical questions, and get your thoughts and approach on our latest project in the wind sector.
For more details please visit www.ada-mode.com
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.