Rocketmakers are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, who will be accountable to the Chief Commercial Officer, to join our Queens Award-winning team in designing amazing technology solutions for startups, scaleups and corporate innovators. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work here, but we’re ready for anything! In just the last couple of years we’ve received awards for best workplace, innovation and technology, employer of the year, and business of the year to name a few.
We are committed to seeking projects that have a positive impact, and we deliver amazing work across a wide range of sectors, whether that’s the medical records system for the UK’s top Olympic athletes, sustainable energy apps like Pure Planet and Sero, fair-trade travel sites like TravelLocal, community support marketplaces for M&S and Starbucks, drone piloting systems… all with passionate and innovative teams who want to make a difference. We’re also working on internal developments which are pushing innovation in VR and AR experiences amongst a host of other things.
As Business Development Manager you will help to grow the right commercial opportunities by identifying, generating, responding to and closing new client leads, particularly software development and design projects reflecting Rocketmakers’ core competency and primary area of expertise. You’ll also help to develop and close additional business from existing clients.
You may be asked to help analyse and improve processes for estimating project scope, producing proposals, managing the sales pipeline and communicating project expectations to the in-house delivery team, along with contributing to the development of business plans and commercial opportunities for products and services built in-house.
There may be opportunities to attend networking events, trade shows and other events to help promote Rocketmakers, grow contacts and identify new opportunities.
The role will include tasks such as:
- Lead generation – identification and validation of new potential client opportunities
- Lead management – responding to inbound sales leads promptly and courteously
- CRM – entering and maintaining opportunities into our Hubspot sales pipeline and managing the pipeline accurately
- Assessing prospective opportunities and recommending appropriate follow-up
- Following up as appropriate with identified leads
- Drafting proposals and other necessary documents
- Working closely with the delivery team to estimate scope of various projects
- Updating and improving proposal and presentation elements leading to improve timeliness and responsiveness
- Support the creation and presentation of new ideas to add value to our products to increase sales and company revenue
- Analyse consumer behaviour and anticipate market trends to develop solutions to consumer problems and needs.
- Review, draft and negotiate appropriate legal agreements for project-based work
- Create ad-hoc reports for sales and management staff as requested.
- A number of years of demonstrable experience in sales and/or business development, ideally at a software development agency.
- Must understand and be able to explain software development methodologies, particularly Agile and design-led approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills; proficient in clearly communicating via email and in drafting clean, clear proposals and other documents
- An ability to meet project deadlines
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- A solution-oriented approach and the ability to keep calm under pressure and solve problems timely and effectively
- Ability to collaborate well with colleagues particularly on the operational and delivery sides of the business
The best bit about Rocketmakers is the crew (we know everyone says that, but we actually mean it!). We’ve grown to over 40 strong and have been going for 13 years – now becoming rebellious teenagers! We appreciate what diversity brings to the company and are proud of the culture and people we have in the business.
We have a dynamic structure where everyone is valued for their own areas of expertise and interest and we appreciate everyone helping others to deliver successful projects. The best people to tell you what it’s like working with us are the crew themselves, so check out what they have to say on our website: https://www.rocketmakers.com/join
We host a wide range of social activities and do our best to make sure there’s something for everyone who wants to be involved. We truly value our people, investing in health and wellbeing and supporting all crew members equally.
We’re owned and run by Richard and Keith who both come from a software engineering and architecture background and who set up the business to be the kind of place they would want to work in. We’ve grown responsibly and have remained profitable since day one.
Our HQ is based just 30 seconds from the train station in central Bath and we are actively involved in the Bristol and Bath tech community, sponsoring lots of local organisations and events. We also like to share our love of tech with schools to encourage the next generation of coders from all backgrounds.
Salary is dependent on experience and ranges from £35,000 to £50,000.
For this role we will consider part-time (at least 3 days’ per week) or full-time. Salary will be prorated for part-time hours. We support agile and flexible working so you can choose how often you want to come into the office, as long as it is at least once a week and enables you to fulfil the needs of the role for meeting customers, and you can flex your start and finish time around your family needs. You can find more information about the many other great benefits we offer on our website here https://www.rocketmakers.com/join
We believe that diversity makes us stronger and better, and Rocketmakers are an equal opportunities employer dedicated to hiring and developing a diverse crew. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Rocketmakers are not a government approved sponsor so unfortunately we cannot offer sponsorship via the UKVI.
Strictly no recruiters please.