About the job
We’re looking for an analyst to join our small but ambitious team.
The Bizops/SaaS team is charged with leading on a number of new business ideas (including our latest venture: ‘SaaS-ing’ some of our proprietary technology) as well as overseeing a suite of analytical projects & workstreams (‘Bizops’). Working very closely with the Operations and Product/Engineering teams, we live for operational efficiency and the use of technology to challenge the fundamentals of financial services – in particular, how technology, new ways of thinking and unit-driven analytics can be combined to rethink and redesign key infrastructure.
The role will be deeply analytical – playing in the weeds of data and commercial analysis every day. But there’s a lot of scope to get involved with marketing, policy/lobbying, preparing content & collateral for new product releases, working with partner firms on technology implementation and business redesign etc. It’s a broad and varied role, one definitely suited to somebody keen to learn a lot very quickly, but in an environment that rewards creativity and experimentation. Every day will be different – that’s 100% for certain. This is a great opportunity to join a team at the start of a few very exciting journeys.
We are open to experience and skillset. The role will of course involve a lot of data handling and modelling, and although prior knowledge of the industry (financial services in general, custody & trading, SaaS models etc.) would be great to have, this isn’t essential – we have a well-established onboarding & training framework to get you up-to-speed quickly. Really, we’re looking for an individual that’s excited about using data, analytics, technology and new ways of thinking to drive change in financial services.
Some skills and experiences that might be beneficial (although none are essential):
· Experience with modelling (financial/commercial/cost/big data etc.)
· An interest in unit economics
· Experience with using REST APIs
· Experience with writing code – Python and/or JS are the main ones we use
· Understanding of client money, asset custody, dealing & trading, transfers, corporate actions etc. (even if just bits and pieces of a few of these)
· Experience preparing written content and/or presentations for sales/marketing/external communications
· Experience with project management/technology implementations/technology consulting
· An interest in policy/regulation and the roles that technology & new ways of thinking play in driving change and altering behaviours in financial services
Key Rewards include
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working arrangements (hours and remote / home working options) – we have offices in Bath and London, with the Head of the team working between both offices each week
· Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction of the company
· Pension & Life Assurance
Interested in joining us and making a difference in the market? You just need to send your CV via LinkedIn or to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the Team People team will be in touch