A bit about us
We’ve spent the last six years building a team by the sea in Bournemouth, and we’re looking to welcome more teammates into the fold. We make technology that helps people get to work, school, the shops or socialise.
Passengers are at the heart of our products, and we endeavour to make the right decisions on behalf of the millions of people that use our products every day to get them where they need to be.
We work in partnership with our customers, and that both enables and drives us to deliver clever solutions to the everyday problems we all encounter. Accountability is important to us, but more than that, we’re motivated to learn and excel in everything we do.
We operate with empathy and understand that different people need different things to thrive. By working together, we can build a better world. That starts from within, with respect, understanding, and a lot of laughing.
A bit about the role
The role and the key responsibilities look a bit like this:
- developing and maintaining positive partnerships with customers, partners, and third-party suppliers
- onboarding new customers and managing upgrades for existing ones
- contributing to improving existing processes to help streamline product delivery
- delivering product demos and training for customers
- presenting ideas, improvements, or new products and facilitating workshops for product development with customers on a monthly basis
- ensuring smooth delivery of our Customer Engagement Programme
- leading collaboration of multiple stakeholders to produce successful results
- building and maintaining a reputation of integrity: being open, honest, and doing the right thing.
- first-line triage on our Customer Help Desk, with cover during the working day and as part of a rota system after business hours evenings and weekend
What we offer you
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation
- A pension scheme that increases with long service
- EMI company share options which increase with long service and enable tax-efficient dividend payments
- 21 days holiday which increases with long service, plus Bank Holidays
- A salary range of £29,000 – £35,000
- A culture where work/life balance gets more than lip-service
- Colleagues and managers who support you to be the best you can be
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days, and celebrations
- Quarterly reviews and structured CPD
- CPD budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company
- Option to work remotely up to 3-4 days a week depending on the role
- Optional private medical health care through Bupa
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funds to purchase optical wear and medical vaccinations
A bit about you
We recognise that the right person for this role may not have previous experience in all the areas that they become responsible for, so if you have any combination of these skills we’d be keen to hear from you.
Fear not, this role answers to and is supported by Helen the fabulous Head of Customer Services – she’ll offer training and support in the early stages and be on hand to help deal with the more tricky stuff as and when it comes up.
You’re a self-starter, doer and soak up new ideas and techniques like a sponge. You have a fantastic enthusiasm for today’s technologies and tools, keeping up to date with modern technology, and loving all things digital, in print, on TV, and beyond.
We’re looking for someone who is not only good at keeping lots of plates spinning at the same time but genuinely enjoys the buzz of it.
Partnerships, not accounts
Good Account Managers know that to build great products we need to work alongside our customers to build lasting partnerships. With direction and support from our Head of Customer Services, you’ll be instrumental in building the sorts of relationships that develop a genuine understanding of our customer businesses, allowing you to identify growth opportunities for and with them.
A sense of anticipation
You’ll have handled some difficult customers in the past and know, as a result, that being upfront and responsive to customers’ needs helps to form trust between you. Sometimes you need to act as the lightning conductor when things go wrong (which they inevitably do from time to time) with a rhino’s skin and not be afraid to be honest – especially when the customer isn’t going to like what they’re about to hear. The truth will always come out, and you won’t be afraid to take it on the chin early.
Talk the talk
As a great Account Manager, you know that the job is all about people. While email is fine for the admin of a project, when there’s bad news, you’ll deliver it in the most appropriate way. Be that in person, by video chat or carrier pigeon.
You’re comfortable in a room full of strangers and be the type of character to go out of your way to include those that don’t. You’ll have some experience of giving presentations or being part of a team facilitating workshops. You’ll know that energy is essential in delivering engaging sessions that people go home raving about.
You are an excellent listener. When dealing with customers you’ll spend around 80% of your time listening and 20% talking (mainly asking questions). You’ll act as our customers’ pressure valve, supporting them in their missions. You’ll be able to apply innovative ideas to solve the challenges as they are presented, whilst understanding that the best solutions are often beautiful in their simplicity.
Customers can often have very emotional reactions to creative work. They’re not sure why they don’t like it, they just don’t. Sometimes what they say isn’t always what they mean.
Instead of relaying the feedback word-for-word, you’re able to translate a subjective reaction into a brief that a designer or engineer can work with.
You understand how to empathise with customers, especially those reaching out for help while remaining able to triage those that need help most. You may not know the answer to every question off the top of your head, but you’re a fast learner and can quickly work out where to find them. You understand that keeping customers in the loop while you do is a critical factor in why they choose us to support them in the first place.
Experience and skills we need
- Account Executive/Manager and/or Project Management level responsibility
- Working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders
Experience and skills we like
- Working within the public transport sector
- Occasional, or regular public transport usage
- Working as part of a SaaS tech product business
- Experience in coaching others
- Commercially aware
- Demonstrable ability to grow in a position and reach outside of core responsibilities to progress to the next level
As the world continues to adjust to life with COVID we’re not 100% sure what office-based working looks like for us in 2021 and beyond. Long before the lockdown, we operated a 50/50 remote and office-based week and for most of the team, we found that this provided the opportunity to balance face-to-face contact and the space to focus when needed.
Our plans to return to our office are on hold until towards the end of Q3 2021 when we expect to shift our working pattern to a minimum of 1 to 2 days working onsite in the office with the rest of the time remote depending on the particular role. The right candidate understands that they may need to commute to the office in Bournemouth in the future and so living within a commutable distance is required.
This role is an immediate start. Right now, it is 100% remote as the whole team continues to work from home. Any necessary equipment will be shipped to you before your start date.
Get in touch
If all this sounds like you then get in touch. Tell us why you want to work here and what you’d bring to the team. Weʼd love to hear from you.
Our expected timeline for this position is detailed below, the dates are for information purposes only and subject to change without publication if it becomes necessary.
- Closing date: 19th July 2021
- Successful candidates invited for phone interviews by: 2nd August 2021
- Phone interviews the week of: 2nd August 2021
- Face to face interview (video interview or socially distant f2f) the week of: 9th August 2021
- Job offered by: 16th August 2021